Saturday, April 9, 2011

SUPERMAN

So here I am 
Doing everything I can 
Holding on to what I am 
Pretending I'm a superman 

I'm trying to keep 
The ground on my feet 
It seems the world's 
Falling down around me 

The nights are all long 
I'm singing this song 
To try and make the answers 
More than maybe 

And I'm so confused 
About what to do 
Sometimes I want to throw it all away 

I'm trying to sleep 
I lost count of the sheep 
My mind is racing faster every minute 

What could I do more 
Yeah I'm really not sure 
I know I'm running circles but I can't quit 

So here I am 
Growing older all the time 
Looking older all the time 
Feeling younger in my mind 


Controlling everything inside

I'm feeling weak 
I don't feel right 
You're telling me I have to change 
Telling me to act my age 

But if all that I can do is just sit and watch time go 
Then I'll have to say good bye 
Life's too short to watch it fly 


So watch me fly